Total foreign investment capital into Vietnam:
As of March 20th, 2022, the total newly registered capital, additional capital, contributed capital and the right to buy shares of foreign investors over USD 8.9 billion, equivalent to 87.9% over the same period last year. The capital generated by FDI projects was estimated at USD 4.42 billion, an increase of 7.8% over the same period in 2021.
Investment capital structure by countries and regions:
There were 65 countries and territories investing in Vietnam in the first 3 months of 2022. According to data in March 2022, the 3 countries and regions with the highest investment capital include:
- Singapore (total investment capital of nearly USD 2.29 billion, accounting for 25.7% of total investment capital in Vietnam).
- Republic of Korea (nearly USD 1.61 billion, accounting for 18% of total investment capital).
- Denmark (nearly USD 1.32 billion, accounting for 15.3% of total investment capital).
Next were China, Netherlands, Japan and so on.(Click here for details)
Accumulation until March 20, 2022: 139 countries and territories have valid investment projects in Vietnam with 34,815 projects, total registered capital of 422.84 billion USD. Korea leads, followed by Singapore, Japan, and Taiwan.(Click here for details)
Structure of investment capital by industry:
Foreign investors had invested in 18/21 sectors in the national economic classification system. According to March 2022 data, the 2 sectors receiving the most investment capital include:
- The processing and manufacturing (total investment capital of over USD 5.3 billion, accounting for 59.5% of total registered investment capital).
- The real estate business (investment capital of over USD 2.7 billion, accounting for 30.3% of total registered investment capital).
It was followed by professional, scientific and technological activities, and electricity production and distribution with the total registered capital of over USD 200.4 million and USD 194.6 million, respectively. The rest were other sectors (Click here for details)
Investment capital structure by province:
The foreign investors had invested in 44 provinces and cities nationwide in the first 3 months of 2022. Data in March 2022 shows that the 3 most invested areas are:
- Binh Duong (total registered investment capital of nearly USD 2.32 billion, accounting for 26% of total investment capital).
- Bac Ninh (total registered investment capital of nearly USD 1.42 billion, accounting for 15.9% of total investment capital).
- Thai Nguyen (total registered capital of nearly USD 934 million, accounting for 10.5% of total investment capital).
Next were Hanoi, Hai Phong, Ho Chi Minh City and so on. (Click here for details)
To update the latest information on foreign investment (FDI) in Vietnam, please visit the following link: www.mpi.gov.vn