- Stick to a plan. During the study process, having a plan allows you to track your progress and stay on track. During the exam, a plan helps overcome emotions that may make radical decisions.
- Always ask for help if you need it! Better to have a question answered than have it linger during your entire study process.
- Practice writing cases and studying with the handbook to simulate the exam.
- Stay organized. Keep track of topics and cases to review.
- Don't give up! Always remember that if you have one bad day, you will overcome with a good day next.
- Be patient with the learning process. It is not a cramming type of exam but rather a build-up of knowledge. Tackle each day as a building block.
- Know the areas you are weak in – don’t avoid them or leave until last. Learn them earlier to gain confidence.
- Always keep the mindset that you can pass. You have to believe it to do it!
- Never panic. Expect that you will approach something you haven’t seen before. Breathe, think and take it one step at a time!
- Never leave unresolved issues – always provide your client with solutions.