On Thursday, February 11, Crowe MacKay's tax advisors, Lawrence Tam and Charles Wilson, hosted a live webinar to discuss tax implications for employers due to COVID-19.
In this webinar, topics discussed include:
- Income tax implications of the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy, Canada Emergency Business Account, and the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy
- Reporting requirements for the 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy
- The new T4 reporting requirements
- Deductions for home-office expenses for employees
- Employer-provided benefits and allowances related to COVID-19
- Temporary adjustments to the automobile standby charge due to COVID-19