To our valued clients and communities:
This is a challenging time around the world and in Canada. Crowe MacKay LLP continues to navigate the challenges presented to business by COVID-19. Our highest priority is the safety of our people and the communities we serve. Our continued efforts to leverage our talent with technology is allowing us to continue servicing client needs effectively. We are privileged to have long and trusted relationships with our clients. We are working hard to continue to bring solutions to our customers.
We continue to enhance safety measures across all of our offices to keep our employees and communities safe. We’ve taken the necessary steps to ensure all employees are practicing daily preventative measures that meet the Public Health Agency of Canada’s standards, ensuring both you and they are protected from the risk of exposure.
Crowe MacKay LLP is implementing increased social distancing in business practices by encouraging employees to work from home. Additionally, employees are advised to stay home if they are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms, and all non-essential business travel and events have been suspended.
We are an innovative firm. We pride ourselves in our ability to serve clients in changing environments with minimal disruptions, and our current state is no exception. Our teams are equipped with the technologies to deliver effective alternative communications with clients, including teleconferencing abilities, video calling, email correspondence, and phone calls. We are confident in our abilities to continue to exceed our clients’ expectations.
At this time, all Crowe MacKay offices remain open with the majority of professional and administrative staff working remotely. We continue to monitor the unfolding circumstances and have plans in place in the event we decide to temporarily close any or all of our Crowe MacKay offices.
The key actions taken by Crowe MacKay LLP offices to date include:
- Replacing in-person meetings with telephone or video conference and cancelling non-essential in-person meetings to reduce the amount of visitors coming into our office.
- Leveraging technology and talent to accommodate extensive remote working environments for our staff
- Advising all employees to stay home if they, or a family member, are feeling unwell.
- Deferring all Crowe MacKay gatherings and events.
- Deferring all non-essential domestic and international business travel.
- Implementing a 14-day self-quarantine for individuals returning from any travel outside of Canada.
- Educating employees on every day preventative actions to inhibit the spread of illness; this includes proper handwashing techniques and the need for sanitation at increased frequencies.
- Regularly disinfecting all high-touch areas including doors and counters.
- Frequently communicating with employees regarding updates on the coronavirus, including travel bans and environmental scans.
Our efforts continue to evolve as new information becomes available. We are committed to the well-being of our colleagues, clients, and communities, while ensuring we continue to create lasting value for all. We intend to do our very best while we work through this significant business challenge with you.
We appreciate your continued confidence in Crowe MacKay LLP and we wish you and your loved ones safety and well-being during these uncertain times.
We will continue to be in touch with additional updates as this global health challenge unfolds.
J.W. Bruce Picton, CPA, CA, ICD.D
Chief Executive Officer