While Australia has been relatively protected from the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-2019), many businesses have been disrupted due to travel, import and or export restrictions.
- Implement a home quarantine regime for anyone that has travelled to an infected country or is likely to have been in contact with someone infected with Coronavirus.
- Review and update, if necessary, human resources (‘HR’) policies on fitness for work, including possible quarantining of employees and formalising the requirement for employees to remain off work if affected.
- Consider or extend flexible working arrangements to reduce the likelihood of the spread of the virus in the workplace or the community.
- Update travel rules and arrangements limiting non-essential business travel.
- If not already in place, provide sanitized hand washing stations for use by staff and visitors.
- Review arrangements for workplace hygiene and cleaning protocols including “cough and sneeze” etiquette.
- Protect the mental wellbeing of employees concerned about the Coronavirus.
- Ensure clear and honest communication to employees on their welfare.
Everyone should remain alert for updates and advice from the relevant authorities on additional steps to manage the spread of the disease.
The health department in each state is providing excellent resources, advice and regular updates.
Before travelling, check for and take the advice of any travel warnings on smartraveller.gov.au.
This information has been republished with the permission of Dr Allan Manning and the LMI Group.
General Insurance services are provided by Findex Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd. For more information please visit https://www.findex.com.au/services/general-insurance
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author/s and do not necessarily reflect the thought or position of Findex Group Limited.
The advice in this paper is general in nature. While the utmost care has been taken in the preparation of this preliminary advice or opinion, you use it at your own risk. LMI Group specifically disclaims any liability, whether based in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential or other damage arising out of or in any way connected with the use of or reliance on the content of the preliminary advice or opinion.
If you have difficulty reading and/or understanding the cover provided in the policy(ies) that you have, please do not hesitate to contact your insurance adviser.