Economic forces, regulatory concerns, consolidating industries, convergence, virtual workforces – these are just a few of the many issues impacting businesses today. With these pressures, improving performance has become an essential need for companies striving to remain competitive and effective in this dynamic environment.
Applying insight, deep industry knowledge and specialized expertise, Horwath helps clients identify, measure and close the gap in financial, information technology, governance, risk and compliance business processes that affect their ability to sustain and create value. Helping you improve performance in each of these areas is our goal.
Current market issues
Crowe Horwath helps you address market issues such as:
• Connecting and managing complex global operations demands effective use of technology – we help you optimize IT spending to drive bottom-line results.
• High-profile business failures have created demanding compliance requirements and led executives to focus on the broader aspects of governance – we can implement recommendations to better manage risk and reduce the cost of compliance without compromising effectiveness.
• Keeping pace with change requires corporate agility – we can help you standardize and simplify operational and functional activities and assess the value and fit of shared service, outsourcing and offshoring arrangements.
• Industry consolidation brings new finance and IT integration challenges – we can identify top reporting and control risks, help you quickly integrate core finance and IT processes to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, and create and implement a comprehensive IT security plan.
• Competitive pressures at home and abroad place a spotlight on cost management – we can advise on the best ways to reduce costs without increasing risk and without lessening the effectiveness of your core business processes.
Performance Improvement focus areas
Crowe Horwath offers advice and support for key client issues, using technology, data services and change management effectiveness skills to provide you with the best solution.
Services we provide include the following:
• Standardization and simplification of your finance processes
• Strengthening performance management, budgeting and forecasting capabilities
• Improving internal and external reporting
• Focusing on people and organizational structure
• Optimizing cash flow and the use of capital
• Building and maintaining cost-effective controls
• Optimizing IT cost and performance
• Simplifying IT operations
• Managing IT business risk and compliance
• Strengthening sourcing competency
• Cultivating IT governance and leadership
Governance, risk and compliance
• Improving decision making for strategic planning and capital allocation
• Reducing cost and increasing effectiveness of compliance activities
• Avoiding/recovering from a compliance failure
• Risk and compliance oversight