We have an excellent new opportunity for an IT Helpdesk Technician who’s quick on the uptake, has a huge desire to learn and wants to progress through the learning of new technologies. In this varied role, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of administering and troubleshooting software and hardware (printers, servers, Desktops, Laptops, Zero Clients, mobile devices) related queries and requests from our users. You will provide comprehensive first & second line support while learning new skills and gaining exposure to emerging technologies.
- Support users by telephone and email in a professional and timely manner
- Good MS Office skills & internet troubleshooting experience
- Ensuring all support issues are accurately maintained and resolved.
- Proactively monitor the progress of each request and escalate where required.
- Communicate with the users directly in regard to fault diagnosis and resolution in a professional and courteous manner.
- Complete planned maintenance.
- Additional duties may be assigned or existing duties may alter as the role evolves.
- Ability to work independently and conscientiously.
- Maintain resolved issues documentation.
- The ideal candidate must have a degree and/or certificates in Information Technology or in a related field
- Some experience in a similar IT Support role.
- Friendliness and good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows core technologies, including Windows desktop systems and Servers.
- Administrating Active Directory.
- Good networking knowledge of IP addressing/subnets, DNS, DHCP
- Establishing and troubleshooting network connectivity LAN/WAN/TCP-IP.
- Storage Devices including RAID arrays & SAN/NAS technology.
- Hardware troubleshooting skills: Laptops, PCs, thin/zero clients, Mobile Devices, Printers & Scanners
- E-mail troubleshooting & spam control
Desirable but not essential Skills
- Basic Virtualization knowledge: VMware, Citrix
- Microsoft Terminal Server Environments
- Administrating Lotus Notes/Domino
- Routing, Switching, Firewalls.
- Data backup and recovery.
- Mobile Device Management
Please apply by sending your curriculum vitae to email@example.com quoting reference HR730 for the attention of Human Resources Manager by August 30th ,2018.
All application will be treated in the strictest confidence.