How does the cost of Microsoft Dynamics 365® (formerly Dynamics CRM) stack up compared to its competition? Let’s go head-to-head with some key features and find out.
We won’t name the competitor, but you’ll recognize it from your research. At a December 2016 Microsoft Dynamics event, Microsoft presented a session about Dynamics 365 entitled, “Unmatched Value – More Capability.” Presenters outlined a cost comparison between Microsoft Dynamics 365 and its competitor’s offering. The information is eye-opening.
Unmatched Value – More Capability
|Function||Microsoft||Typical Enterprise Competitor|
|Overall License||Plan 1, $115||Enterprise, $150|
|+ Field Service||Included||$25 to $135 – Field Service License|
|+ Project Service||Included||$25 to $100 – PSA License|
|+ Application Development||Included||Included|
|+ Social Listening||Included||$50-150 Social Listening License|
|+ Gamification||Included||$+25 – Third-Party Gamification|
|+ Knowledge Authoring||Included||$50 – Knowledge Add-On|
|+ Team Users||$10 per User per Month||$25 per User per Month|
|+ Encryption||Included||Additional Cost per Instance|
|+ SharePoint® Connection||Included||Additional Cost per User|
|+ Integration||Unlimited API Calls||Additional Cost per Connection/Metered API Calls|
|Added Storage per 20 Users||5GB||400MB|
|+ Data Storage (10GB)||10 GB = $50||10GB = $1,000|
|+ File Storage (10GB)||10 GB = $50||10GB = $41.50|
|+ Sandbox||1 Included, Then $150 per Instance||Additional Cost (Based on Total)|
|+ Portal||1 Included, Then $500/month||Additional Cost per External User/Login|
|+ Portal Advanced Configuration||Included||Additional Cost per Instance|
Source: Microsoft presentation at eXtremeCRM, December 2016
Here’s what is included in the overall $115 license with Microsoft Dynamics 365:
- Sales, service, field service, project service, application development, social listening, gamification, knowledge authoring, encryption, SharePoint connection, and unlimited application program interface (API) calls
- $10 per month per user fee for team users
Compare the above to what it would cost for the same functionality from a typical competitor where the overall enterprise license is $150:
- Sales, service, and application development are included.
- A field service license is $25 to $135.
- A project service license is $25 to $100.
- A social listening license is $50 to $150.
- Third-party gamification is $25.
- A knowledge add-on is $50.
- Encryption is charged per instance: SharePoint connection is an additional charge per user, and API calls are charged per connection per metered API calls.
- Team users pay $25 per month per user.
Dynamics 365 includes 10GB of storage; the competitor includes 1GB.
Additional data storage with Microsoft costs $5 per 1GB, and you can accrue additional storage at a rate of 5GB for every 20 Dynamics 365 full licenses.
Request a demo to see what the Crowe EditAble CRM Grid and Project Management add-ons can do for you.
You may have other costs for a CRM system configured to suit your business. However, these prices do give pause for thought when evaluating and budgeting for a solution. Of course, you’ll take a closer look at pricing and functions when you make your selection.