Microsoft Dynamics™ 365 for Outlook™ software – also known as Outlook client – is the original CRM add-on for Microsoft Outlook. This full-featured solution enables users to perform CRM tasks in Outlook software and is designed to help organizations operate more efficiently and productively.
Outlook client addresses eight important questions:
- How does navigation in Outlook client differ from that in the web client?
Outlook client provides folders for straightforward navigation and looks similar to the Outlook inbox. It offers full Dynamics 365 functionality and data.
- Can Outlook client users quickly access commonly used functions?
Users can pin commonly used functions on a quick-access toolbar for easy accessibility.
- Can users decide which items will automatically sync?
Outlook client lets users set personal options in Dynamics 365, such as specifying which activities will sync automatically to Dynamics 365.
- Can Outlook client be used without internet access?
Even if they’re offline, users can access Dynamics 365 data. Outlook client can copy a subset of data to a computer’s hard drive.
- What should users know before troubleshooting?
Settings in Internet Explorer™ software and issues on the web client affect the Outlook client. Errors directly related to Outlook will appear on the local machine within the event viewer. Microsoft provides a local tracing tool for Outlook client.
- Should users update settings in Internet Explorer?
Outlook client links directly to Internet Explorer settings and cached files. Even if they don’t use Internet Explorer when accessing the web client, users should begin troubleshooting Outlook client by clearing the cache in Internet Explorer and adding their organization’s URL to trusted sites and the compatibility view settings.
- Are there other computer settings to check?
The credential manager often stores usernames and passwords related to the Dynamics 365 web client. For users who access multiple environments, this can create conflicts with Outlook client. Users should avoid storing usernames and passwords – even when prompted – in the credential manager, and, before troubleshooting, clear all usernames and passwords related to Dynamics 365.
- Can users gather more information for the support team?
The tracing tool located in the diagnostics section of the Outlook client installation folder lets users gather information for support staff. After using the tracing tool to gather logs, be sure to turn it off.
In addition, Outlook client enables users to:
- Avoid navigating between Dynamics 365 and additional programs
- Bypass manual data re-entry, which helps save time and preserve accuracy
- Track emails, tasks, appointments, and contacts from Outlook to Dynamics 365
- Attach sales literature and knowledge-base articles directly to Outlook emails
For more than a decade, Crowe has implemented CRM systems designed to help companies leverage technology to improve efficiency and create a better customer experience. Whether assisting with a full system implementation or an update, our team’s goal is to help clients reap the benefits from their CRM solution by aligning it with their unique requirements. Crowe consultants provide practical advice and proven methods designed to help organizations move forward and create lasting change.
Visit CroweCRM.com for more information about Crowe CRM services for Microsoft Dynamics 365 software. Have a question or interested in evaluating the CRM functionality in Dynamics 365? Contact us today.
In addition, check out two related Crowe CRM blog posts: “10 Reasons to Love the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Outlook App” and “Mobile Convenience: New Microsoft Dynamics 365 App for Outlook.”