A Crowe subsidiary, CHAN Healthcare held its company-wide conference in Orlando, Fla., this month. CHAN provides internal audit services to the healthcare industry. Combining resources, Crowe and CHAN have created one of the largest and most experienced providers of internal audit, risk management and financial advisory services in the U.S. healthcare industry.
The conference provided opportunities for all of CHAN’s associates to come together for training and development sessions on topics like hospital industry updates, compliance, clinical auditing and leadership skills. Overall, associates earned nearly 6,500 hours of CPE through the various sessions. Below are some highlights from this year’s event:
- CHAN CEO Sarah Cole (CHAN/St. Louis) opened by sharing CHAN’s strategic plan for FY16, including CHAN’s vision of becoming a $100 million organization.
- Keynote speakers included Don Koenig from Mercy Health and Deborah Rapp from Ascension, both CHAN clients, as well as Theresa Payton, a cybersecurity authority and former White House CIO.
- Crowe CEO Jim Powers (Indianapolis) shared an abbreviated version of his State of the Firm presentation, including details about Crowe's refreshed vision and strategy.
- Jim joined Steve Strammello (Indianapolis), Brian Sanderson (Oak Brook) and Sarah for a panel discussion on the healthcare industry and the connection of CHAN and Crowe.
- Through CHAN’s wellness program, associates took part in a step challenge throughout the conference. Participants recorded more than 1.8 million steps, which equates to 780 miles.
- For CHAN’s annual service event at the conference, participants packed meals for Feed My Starving Children, a not-for-profit committed to feeding children in nearly 70 countries. Nearly $24,000 was donated to Feed My Starving Children and nearly 86,000 meals were packed, which is enough to feed 236 children for a year.