In May, 257 high-achieving students from 114 colleges and universities across the U.S. gathered in Chicago for Learn2Lead (L2L), our national leadership program. Crowe team members from across the firm networked and connected with students during the two-day event. Here’s an overview:
- Opening: Cole McKenna (Nashville) kicked off the event by introducing the Crowe leadership team.
- Keynote speaker: Johnny Cupcakes, an entrepreneur who started 16 business before he was 16 years old, spoke with students about how to be creative and innovative with a small budget.
- Scavenger hunt: Teams took photos and videos around Navy Pier before riding in a water taxi across Lake Michigan and ending the hunt at Soldier Field.
- Dinner and Social: Crowe leaders and students enjoyed live music from our very own Jordan Kirkdorffer (off-site), who appeared on last year’s season of “The Voice.”
- Career paths: Jim Powers (Indianapolis) shared his “From campus to CEO” story and answered questions from students about career paths, what it’s like to work at Crowe and the firm’s future direction.
- Community/team-building activity: Participants worked together to build 42 bikes, which were donated to West Town Bikes and Chicago Youth Programs. Following the build, children from Chicago Youth Programs came to see their new bikes.
- Business unit breakouts: Students participated in smaller, interactive discussions to learn more about their business area of interest.
- Impact sessions: Crowe presenters representing various delivery units spoke to students throughout six different sessions with topics ranging from AI to software development. Students attended two sessions of their choice.