More than 250 delegates representing member firms from 70 countries gathered for Crowe International’s Global Conference (formerly known as the Annual Meeting) in Chicago. Under the theme “Move Forward,” the three-day conference featured innovators, industry experts and member firm leaders challenging delegates to be transformative and to drive innovation into everyday activities. Some of the key topics of discussion were taking calculated risks and making smart decisions in growing member firm practices, including identifying new solutions and services, understanding the impact of emerging technologies and creating a culture of diversity and inclusion. External guest speakers included Josh Linkner (innovation speaker, entrepreneur and author) and Barry Melancon (President and CEO at the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and CEO of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants). Several Crowe individuals also were among this year’s speakers:
- With Crowe serving as the host country firm, CEO Jim Powers (Indianapolis) kicked off the meeting and presented some background information on Chicago.
- Chief People Officer Julie Wood (Oak Brook) participated on a panel highlighting member firm best practices around the advancement of women.
- Chief Innovation Officer Derek Bang (Indianapolis), Justin Bass (Indianapolis) and John Epperson (Chicago) highlighted Crowe’s use of emerging technologies.
- Chief Marketing Officer Ann Lathrop (Indianapolis) discussed the network’s new digital marketing strategy.
- Justin Bass (AT/INDYN), Geralyn Hurd (Tax/CHI), Brian Jackson (IS/OB) and Stephen Wiley (AS/ATL) presented as part of Crowe’s "Blue Sky" innovation lab, highlighting our Audit Insight, Crowe Tax Connect, Working Capital and Machine Learning technology solutions.