Last month, 170 high-achieving students from colleges and universities across the U.S. participated in Learn2Lead (L2L), our national leadership program, in Oak Brook. Julie Wood (Oak Brook), Joe Santucci (Indianapolis), Bob Wagner (Oak Brook) and Scott Grant (Chicago) kicked off the program on Thursday evening introducing students to the Crowe leadership team. Students then participated in a fun, outdoor challenge followed by a BBQ dinner. Here's an overview of the program activities on Friday:
- Leadership welcome: Jim Powers (Indianapolis) and Julie set the stage for the upcoming leadership activities, encouraging students to make the most of the team-building and leadership challenges.
- Know yourself: Students participated in an interactive self-assessment to identify their work-style.
- Getting to know Crowe: Business unit leaders participated in a panel discussion around career development and trends in the profession.
- Island adventure: Students participated in a team-building activity to demonstrate interdependency and leadership skills.
- Lunch panel: Derek Bang (Indianapolis) moderated a Q&A panel discussion for the students.
- Project planning simulation: Theresa Bala (Oak Brook), Adrianne Claybrooks (Oak Brook) and Bob engaged students in a simulation to practice their project planning and problem-solving skills.
"L2L is a great opportunity for Crowe to meet potential talent and for students to get a feel for the firm and the culture," said Sam Weima (Grand Rapids). Sam participated in L2L in 2013 while at Calvin College, accepted an internship for the summer of 2014 and joined Crowe full-time in January 2015. "I had also participated in a national program with a different firm and I knew that Crowe was the right fit. L2L is a lot of fun and for me it was the start of my career at Crowe."
For more about Learn2Lead and job opportunities, visit our Careers site.