Effective today, Jim Powers (Indianapolis) is the new CEO of Crowe. Jim has been with the firm since 1978 when he graduated from DePauw University (Greencastle, Ind.). Over his time with the firm, Jim has provided audit services to publicly and privately owned businesses in a variety of industries. In addition, he has extensive experience in all aspects of corporate finance and private and public securities offerings and in the areas of strategic planning and business process re-engineering. Jim will split his time between Indianapolis and Crowe’s headquarters in Chicago.
To support him and his vision for the firm, Jim has named Joe Santucci (Indianapolis) as the chief operating officer and Derek Bang (Indianapolis) as the chief strategy and innovation officer. Joe previously served as managing principal of Crowe’s Performance Consulting Services, while Derek has been serving as Crowe’s chief innovation officer. “Our vision calls for Crowe personnel to develop even deeper specialization in our targeted markets,” said Jim. “Joe and Derek will help lead us in that direction while we continue to focus on the firm’s core purpose of ‘Building Value with Values.’” For more information on Jim’s vision, including a video, visit /ceo-video-nr.
Crowe has also promoted several partners and principals and expanded their national roles:
- Mark Baer (Columbus)—managing partner, Audit Services
- Josh Cole (Grand Rapids)—managing principal, Performance Consulting Services
- Kevin Hovorka (Chicago)—managing partner, Advisory Services
- John Kurkowski (Chicago)—managing partner, Private Equity Group Services
- Bob Lazard (Indianapolis)—managing partner, Public Sector Services
- Mark Strawmyer (Indianapolis)—managing principal, Applied Technology