Crowe’s 61st Annual Meeting took place June 4- June 6 in Dallas and included these highlights:
- The meeting started with CEO Jim Powers (Indianapolis) welcoming Crowe partners, directors, officers and guests, recognizing 62 new partners and directors and honoring the 15 partners and directors who retired in FY19. Jim celebrated FY19 successes with a year-in-review video.
- Keynote speaker Stephen M.R. Covey shared key messages from his book “The Speed of Trust.”
- Author Mark Crowley discussed the main points from his book “Lead from the Heart.”
- In the afternoon, participants attended breakout sessions. Later, partners attended the annual business meeting led by Wendy Cama (New York) and directors attended the director session led by Christopher Oliva (New York).
- The day started with keynote speaker Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, immediate past chair of the Association of International Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) board of directors and current global accounting strategy director for Oracle America. Kimberly talked about the future of our professions and the importance of mentoring and inclusion.
- Isaac Lidsky, author of the book “Eyes Wide Open,” shared his compelling story of overcoming significant obstacles and fighting fear.
- Meeting attendees participated in social activities during the afternoon.
- Jim ended the general session part of the meeting with a summary of the week’s events and closing thoughts.
- Participants attended client industry-specific sessions, and Jim presented at the Women Leading@Crowe group meeting in the afternoon.
Well-being: Chris Mitchell (Dallas), Simon Riley (Nashville), Jeff Schmidt (Nashville), Adriane Counts (off-site), Steve Wagner (Dallas) and Tony Klaich (San Francisco) led a daily fitness activity led a daily fitness activity. Nearly 50 partners, directors and officers met at 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. to run and brisk walk together before sessions began each day. In addition, many more participated in well-being activities in the gym. This marked the sixth year for the well-being activity.
Board of director elections: The partnership elected John Kurkowski (Oak Brook) and Dawnella Johnson (New York) and re-elected Michele Sullivan (South Bend) to the board. Dawnella was elected chair of the board. Jim honored Wendy Cama for her three years as board chair.